Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Finished Request!!!

For a Special Lil' Lady

My niece, on my husband's side of the family, made a
quilling request for her daughter, Erica.
(I am embarrassed to say, that was back in May)
But, I did finally finish it!!!
Nicole told me that she had just bought new bedding for
Erica's bedroom and then sent me a photo of it.
So that is where it all started!
Inspiration!
Damask pattern
I had a lot of fun working on it! The reason it took so 
long was because I had quite a few other projects going on at the
same time that actually had a dead line to be completed.
Anyway, here it is!



The green paper, I actually cut myself. If you notice it is white on one side and green on the other. I kinda like how it turned out, so that you can see both colors, depending on the angle you look at it.


To get my pattern started I used my Sizzix, Nesting Swirls, Sizzlets dies. The lettering I did freehand. I first drew them out and then cut them with an exacto knife.


I really like working on canvas, you ought to give it a try!
Because the background can be any color you want to paint it
and the rest is up to the papers you choose!

The great thing about inspiration, is, it could be anything!
A napkin, fabric, a plate, a flower, a bedspread,....
whatever it may be, go for it!!
You never know what you'll come up with!
Like I always say, 
go get inspired!!!
:0)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

SO BEAUTIFUL, Annette!